If it looks like chocolate, should you eat it? This is a compelling question. Unfortunately chocolate is one of those foods that can be deceiving, and lead to a bad day if you get it wrong. Just because something looks like chocolate does not mean it is something
you should try to eat.
Here are a few tests to find out if it is chocolate:
1) Did you sniff it? If it smells kind of sweet it might be chocolate, but don’t trust it entirely. If you have no ability to smell, or lack a nose entirely, you can skip this step.
2) Does it melt in when it gets warmer? Chocolate usually does, so this can be a good sign. However, poop also melts when it gets warmer so be careful!
3) Does if have a dull or smooth sheen to it? Sometimes this can be a clue that it is really chocolate.
4) Do ants want to eat it, but flies tend to leave it alone? This is a good sign, believe it or not. Most often this means it is choclate. Flies usually do not mess with chocolate, but ants do. If you see a lot of flies surround a dark brown mass, it is most likely something else, like poop.
5) Finally, the best way to find out if it is chocolate without eating it yourself it to get someone else to eat if and observe their reaction. That way, if they eat poop, you will know it and can avoid the touble yourself. If it is chocolate, then you can snitch it back from that other person and eat it yourself.
I hope this was helpful to you. I know a lot of people do not take the time to explain important stuff like this. That is what I am here for. To help you understand the world you live in. Happy chocolate eating this holiday season!